Thursday, January 10, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance!

My husband wants to learn to dance. Why? I'm really not sure. I think that he thinks he'll lose weight if he dances. I hate to tell him that in order to lose weight dancing he'll really have to start hoofing it big time. But I don't tell him that. I don't want to burst his bubble. But he leaves it to ME to do all the leg work (excuse that pun) to find out about lessons. I put it off....and off....and off... so finally, a year later I get all the info.

So, why did I put it off? I'm really not sure. Maybe I really don't want to do it. I used to LOVE dancing in my teens and 20's. Then I met my husband and he didn't dance, so I didn't dance. So, now, again, why haven't I jumped at the chance to do this with my husband?

Anyway, so now I have all the class info and I find out that I have to wear heels for lessons. Sounds ok except that I have a foot thing called plantar fasciitis which makes wearing heels for extended periods of time sort of painful. I am supposed to wear sneakers ALL the time, which I do, mostly. I also wear special insoles which you certainly can't do in heels.

So, last night hubby says he'd understand if I said I didn't want to do this. I think I should try, though. Not sure. I think I'll call the dance place and explain and see if they can suggest an alternative.


Wow! A whole post just about dance problems! Whew! Don't know who's going to read this anyway, except for my dd. :0)

2 comments:

Cathy Pascual said...

Sounds likes fun!

I took a few swing lessons with my DH when we were first dating. I'm sure you'll have fun!

Octopusouphut said...

I think you should try it. But I have a feeling DAD will be the one wanting to quit after a while. He has no idea how much of a work out it will be.