Tuesday, January 27, 2009

SNOW STORM'S A-COMIN'

I knew it was coming.

I had heard all of the weather reports.

So, I thought..."I had better get all my errands run today because I may not be able to get out for a couple of days." Great thoughts and great intentions. So, where do I go? Well, Michael's of course!



I found a whole new section! It was in the back tucked away down a side aisle with a banner across the top declaring it $5 and under! WOW - cool scrappy stuff!

Everything here was $1 each!! And, there was more that I didn't get...All by Colorbok. $1 chipboard shaped books (scalloped square, circle & heart) , shaped papers, stickers, embellies, tags. I think I was on that one aisle for half an hour!
But, wait, there's more...(also by Colorbok) Crayola kid shaped chipboard books too. I got a car book, with car shaped papers too. (I forgot to get a pic before I dug into the goods!) They had a house, star and a "splotch" shape too. I'll just have to post my mini book when I'm finished with it.

But, I never made it to Kroger for some edible essentials! Oh well, we won't starve, and I won't be bored either!

:0)
Thanks for looking

9 comments:

Sandy said...

you're the second person i've seen talk about this now...i gotta check it out...(-:

Laura said...

Michaels had some big chipboard butterfly books. I bought them for our paperdoll project - for wings if anyone wants them. You got some cool stuff! Crafts are way more important than food in a snow storm!

Cassie said...

Cool finds!!

Jann Gray said...

totally yummy stuff! You are rockin the colobok!

Lisa the Lovely said...

LUCKY!! It's just started to snow here in Indiana where I am

pakosta said...

i need to get to MIchaels! SOON! thanks for sharing!
tara

Rachel said...

You got some great goodies for A DOLLAR! I love hte B&W Polka Dots!

Doreen said...

I will have to try Michaels down here to see if they have treasures like that.

D

Second Chance Nancy said...

Well, phooey!!! The closest Michaels here is 60 miles away!!!
NO FAIR!!!!