Friday, January 9, 2009

Baby Sitting - Day One!

So far, So good! What was really neat about today is that I only had one small child to look after. That felt pretty weird. When my girls were small I had 2 and they were a year apart, so they always played with each other and it was a lot noisier. Then, when I work at preschool, well...there's a heck of a lot more of them there. So, one was a piece of cake! (mmmmm...cake!)


We painted nails, watered plants, filled the bird feeder, played with babies (CPKs) watched a little t.v - together, went to the grocery store (that's a whole 'nother story), made pudding for dinner's dessert, answered about a million questions and, yes, she did take a great nap!

But, she chose my bed to nap in. So, the baby monitor worked great...I could hear my humidifier all the way downstairs in my scrap area. I heard it go on and off, on and off, on and off, etc... I also heard the roofers (why did they have to come today?!) all the way downstairs and she slept right through it. She was a real sweetie. We had such a great time that when her mom came she told her mom she didn't want to go home! Well, her mom was so happy...that she had a good time here, but in the end, the little bugger did go home, of course...but there's always next week!


Hmmm...what else can I cook up for us to do!
:0)
Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Laura said...

Sounds like you had a fun day with her, Peggy! Coloring is my suggestion. Or take clothes off the dolls and let her dress them! I think I'd figure out a way to make dusting a game.

ellen s. said...

sounds like a fun day!

thanks for coming over to forward progress and joining in the prompts!